If you are borrowing money secured against real property we can advise you on the security documentation, undertake the legal due diligence requirements of the lender and then register the security documents at the Land Registry and at Companies House on your behalf.
We are often instructed by both the borrower and lenders for standard documentation, and on occasions we may be instructed by the lender alone.
Common scenarios for secured lending include:
- in conjunction with purchasing a property
- bridging finance
- providing security for development finance
- refinancing when there is a change in the use of the property e.g. from a development loan to an investment loan when the development completes and is let
- refinancing when there is a change of borrower, e.g. a change of Partners in a partnership, or a partnership converts to a company
- inter-company loans between group companies
- refinancing a portfolio of several properties.