Employment law at Girlings
Meet Carl Vincent, Head of Employment Law:
The team which is based in our Ashford office has extensive contentious and non contentious experience in all areas of employment law. It has advised a diverse range of individuals and business clients including banks and other financial services companies, newspapers and magazines, hedge funds, media and advertising companies, manufacturers, retailers, construction and property companies, IT businesses, recruitment agencies, management consultants, tour operators, schools and colleges, transport and pharmaceutical companies, district councils and airlines as well as directors and senior employees.
The team has recently advised individual employees on claims involving whistle-blowing, discrimination, confidential information, unfair dismissal and bonus disputes and has extensive experience of assisting individuals with negotiating Settlement Agreements with employers.
We can offer a broad range of employment services including:
- Settlement Agreements
- Providing hands on, day to day surgery advice and support including in relation to internal grievance and disciplinary procedures
- Reviewing and drafting documentation such as contracts of employment, service agreements, bonus schemes, staff handbooks, policies and procedures and Settlement Agreements
- Drafting and enforcing restrictive covenants
- Managing and handling severance negotiations, including senior executive terminations and Settlement Agreements
- Advising on redundancies, including collective redundancies
- Discrimination complaints and investigations
- Flexible working and work/life balance issues
- Advising on strategic issues such as trade unions, pension changes and information and consultation in the workplace
- Employee tax issues
- Offering bespoke client training
- Assistance with data protection issues
- Business transfers
- Conducting and advising on all aspects of employment tribunal claims (including advocacy)
- Representation in High Court and County Court proceedings
- Advising on alternative methods of dispute resolution such as mediation.
The team has extensive contentious and non contentious experience in all areas of employment law.