We have expertise in shareholder, partnership and directorship disputes.
We combine our legal expertise with our commercial awareness to ensure that such corporate disputes are resolved in a manner that protects our clients’ interests as well as the financial and reputational angles.
We act for both minority and majority shareholders, as well as directors and partner with our colleagues in our Corporate, Banking & Finance and Commercial Law departments to provide holistic advice that protects all of our clients’ interests.
We are experienced in:
- Unfair prejudice petitions
- Acting on behalf of shareholders to enforce their rights under shareholders agreements and/or business sale agreements
- Pursuing and defending breach of fiduciary duty claims
- Negotiating indemnities and continuation of directors and officers insurance for departing directors
- Assisting directors in being released from warranties and guarantees they gave during their time as directors
- Acting on behalf of shareholders to protect and enforce their rights under shareholders agreement, including in respect of put and call options and good and bad leaver provisions
- Advising members joining or leaving LLPs on their rights and obligations