As a result of our work for individuals, we add value by giving our employer clients the benefit of the knowledge that we have from that side of employment law.
We have extensive experience in all areas of employment law and works within our business law practice. We advise a diverse range of business clients including, manufacturers, financial services companies, insurers, professional practices including GP practices, architects, dentists and accountants, media and advertising companies, retailers, construction and property companies, IT businesses, recruitment agencies, management consultants, travel businesses schools, colleges, charities and other not for profit organisations.
We pride ourselves on being responsive as well as taking time to learn our clients’ businesses and their specific requirements. This means we are a “trusted partner” for them and can help them achieve efficient resolutions for any workplace problems they face.
We offer a broad range of employment law advice including:
- Providing hands on, responsive and pragmatic day to day surgery advice and support including in relation to internal grievance and disciplinary procedures
- Reviewing and drafting documentation such as employment contracts, service agreements, bonus schemes, staff handbooks, policies and procedures and Settlement Agreements
- Drafting and enforcing restrictive covenants to help businesses protect their assets, ideas and people
- We provide regular training to clients, both in-house and via video conferencing to keep them ahead of the ever-changing employment law landscape. We buttress this with regular e-bulletins on employment law and HR developments
- Managing and handling employee and senior executive terminations and severance negotiations including and preparing Settlement Agreements
- Advising on redundancies, including collective redundancies
- Discrimination complaints and investigations
- Flexible working and work/life balance issues
- Advising on strategic issues such as trade unions, pension changes and information and consultation in the workplace
- Employee tax issues
- Assistance with data protection issues
- Business transfers and TUPE
- Advice at an early stage to minimise the risk of employment matters becoming litigious, but in the event that they do, we conduct and advise regularly on all aspects of employment tribunal claims (including advocacy at employment tribunal cases)
- Representation in High Court and County Court proceedings
- Advising on alternative methods of dispute resolution such as mediation