The Employment Team are experienced in advising businesses with regard to the employment of immigrant workers under the Skilled Worker visa scheme and the steps involved in securing the Skilled Worker Sponsor Licence required to employ skilled workers.
We advise on:
- The requirements for businesses wishing to apply to secure a Sponsor Licence
- The duties and legal obligations of Sponsors and key personnel
- The requirement to appoint key personnel to be responsible for and administer the Sponsor’s duties
- The fees payable to become a sponsor and application procedure
Following a business obtaining a Skilled Worker Sponsor Licence we advise on:
- The operation of the Sponsor Management System (SMS)
- The process for issuing a Certificate of Sponsorship to an applicant for a Skilled Worker Visa
- Determining whether the role is an eligible role for a skilled worker visa, the correct occupation code for the role and the correct rate of pay for that role
- Determining if the role is a shortage occupation
- The worker’s likelihood of obtaining a skilled worker visa under the points-based immigration system
- The fees payable to obtain a skilled worker visa
We are happy to advise both with regard to the sponsorship of new applications for skilled worker visas, and for applicants on other types of visa, such as student visas, who wish to transfer to a skilled worker visa.