He has a reputation for giving clear, practical advice to enable his clients to reach commercially sound decisions throughout the transaction. Clients regularly comment on his approachability and ability to make the legal process less stressful by talking them through complex legal documents in a language they can understand.
Simon has considerable experience in both commercial and residential property, freehold and leasehold matters. He also has experience in dealing with the complex aspects of property transactions.
Recent transactions include helping a number of developers acquire land in consideration of the longer term needs of a development. Most notably he has advised on the sale of a development site for £5.2m, the sale and division of properties with a total value of £1.3m and worked with a national pharmacy chain on their property letting requirements.
Simon has a reputation for giving clear, practical advice to enable his clients to reach commercially sound decisions throughout the transaction.
Simon has particular expertise in:
- Commercial and residential property sales, purchases and assignments
- Sales of land for development
- Sales of part and division of land including advising on rights to be granted and reserved
- Option agreements
- Overage agreements
- Contracts subject to planning
- Promotion agreements
- Section 106 Planning Agreements
- Refinance work for both lenders and borrowers
- Residential and commercial leasehold documentation for landlords and tenants
- First registration of unregistered estates
- Transfer of equity and joint ownership agreements
- Deeds of easements and variation
- Auction sales and purchases
- Adverse possession claims litigation.
After graduating with a first class degree from the University of Kent, Simon started his full time legal career in London in a niche regulatory and commercial litigation firm before attaining a distinction in his LPC. Simon qualified as a Commercial Property solicitor in 2013 and has worked closely with companies and individuals in the Kent area ever since. Simon joins Girlings from another leading Kent law Firm.