Our Employment Law team
Meet Carl Vincent, Head of Employment Law:
Employment Law Advice for Employers
The team has extensive experience in all areas of employment law and works within our business law practice based in Ashford, Kent. It advises a diverse range of business clients including manufacturers, financial services companies, professional practices including GP practices, architects, dentists and accountants, media and advertising companies, retailers, construction and property companies, IT businesses, recruitment agencies, management consultants, travel businesses schools, colleges, charities and other not for profit organisations as well as directors and senior employees.
The team advises a diverse range of business clients, professional practices, schools and colleges, charities and other not for profit organisations as well as directors and senior employees.
Our Employment Law Services
We can offer a broad range of employment law advice including:
- Providing hands on, day to day surgery advice and support including in relation to internal grievance and disciplinary procedures
- Reviewing and drafting documentation such as employment contracts, service agreements, bonus schemes, staff handbooks, policies and procedures and Settlement Agreements
- Drafting and enforcing restrictive covenants
- Managing and handling severance negotiations, including senior executive terminations and preparing Settlement Agreements
- Advising on redundancies, including collective redundancies
- Discrimination complaints and investigations
- Flexible working and work/life balance issue
- Advising on strategic issues such as trade unions, pension changes and information and consultation in the workplace
- Employee tax issues
- Offering bespoke client training
- Assistance with data protection issues
- Business transfers and Tupe
- Conducting and advising on all aspects of employment tribunal claims (including advocacy at employment tribunal cases)
- Representation in High Court and County Court proceedings
- Advising on alternative methods of dispute resolution such as mediation.
Girlings also offers a range of HR Services which are designed to cater for the needs of local businesses by offering experienced HR support to assist existing in house HR teams and smaller businesses lacking a dedicated HR resource.
How Can we Help?
For further details on how we can help your business please contact an employment Solicitor in our team.