Free seminars for HR professionals, managers and business owners. Delivered by Girlings’ Employment Law specialists, Carl Vincent, Paul McAleavey and Head of Corporate & Commercial, Chris Brightling. The seminars are designed to give you the latest information in workplace law.
Details of the seminar programme, dates and venues are listed below.
Thurs, 8th November, 8.45am – 10.15am
Kent County Cricket Club, The Board Room, The Spitfire Ground,
Old Dover Road, Canterbury, Kent CT1 3NZ
Tues, 13th November, 8.45am – 10.15am
Kent Invicta Chamber of Commerce, Business Point, Ashford,
Kent TN24 0LH
Thurs, 15th November, 8.45am – 10.15am
Discovery Park, The Magellan Suite, Innovation House, Ramsgate Road,
Sandwich, Kent CT13 9FF
Arrival and breakfast: 8.45am
Spot the Difference - Employees, Workers and the Self Employed Carl Vincent: 9.00am - 9.20am
- How to differentiate between employees, workers and the self employed
- Why it matters
- Key legal consequences of the distinctions
- How far can the wording of contracts assist
- Recent cases
Shareholders' Agreements Chris Brightling: 9.20am - 9.40am
- What is a shareholders’ agreement and why is it important?
- The consequences of not having one
- Top tips for getting it right
Employee Misuse of Social Media Paul McAleavey: 9.40am - 10.00am
- The boundary between private life and employee obligations
- Can you dismiss for comments an employee makes on social media?
- How to minimise the risks
Q&A Session: 10.00am - 10.15am