Based in the Firm’s Canterbury office, she joined Girlings in February 2019 from asb Law LLP. During her career she has acted for individuals and corporate clients including SME businesses, banks and primary and secondary schools in transactions involving commercial leases, property sales and purchases and refinancing.
Recent career highlights include acting on the sale of a mixed use multi-let property in East Kent for £2.5m, a £5m property portfolio refinance, and advising on property aspects for various business acquisitions.
She is a member of Kent Law Society and CRELA.
Sophie has experience dealing with:
- Commercial property leases for long and short terms, including reversionary leases, lease renewals under the provision of the Landlord and Tenant Act 1954 and leases by reference
- Landlord and tenant management work including licenses to assign, sublet, alter, deeds of surrender and break notices as well as other general property management documents for landlords or tenants
- Buying and selling freehold and leasehold property, including property portfolio
- Academy conversions for primary and secondary schools including coordinating with the Department of Education, and applications for disposal of school playing fields
- Secured lending transaction acting for HSBC Bank plc, Lloyds plc, National Westminster Bank plc and Svenska Handelsbanken AB in connection with property purchases and refinances
- Wayleave agreements and deeds of easements.
Sophie has acted for individuals and corporate clients including SME businesses, banks and primary and secondary schools in transactions involving commercial leases, property sales and purchases and refinancing.
Sophie graduated from the University of East Anglia with a BA (Hons) in History of Art. After graduation she worked for a marine conservation charity in Belize and the Philippines and then an art gallery in London. From a legal family, she had always been interested in the profession and decided to pursue a career in the law. She studied at The College of Law, in London and has been specialising in commercial property since 2015.