As a Commercial Property Solicitor David has experience in a wide variety of property related work from sales and purchases to creating new commercial leases, development acquisitions and plot sales, refinancing, lease extensions and enfranchisement and advising and resolving title issues.
He acts for some of the largest franchisees of well known food and drink outlets, as well as representing foreign investors of UK property. This work has taken him to Hong Kong, Shanghai, Singapore and Kuala Lumpur. David is proud to have acted for long established educational institutions, companies and individuals alike.
He acts for some of the largest franchisees of well known food and drink outlets, as well as representing foreign investors of UK property.
David deals with all aspects of commercial property and has experience in a variety of different transactions. David has particular expertise in:
- Commercial lease agreement: Leases of commercial premises, including assignment and surrenders, acting for landlord and tenants
- Sales and purchases of commercial buildings
- Acting for local developers, from the initial acquisition stage through to individual plot sales
- Overage clauses
- Lease extensions and collective enfranchisement
- Remortgaging property portfolios
- Advising and rectifying title defects
- The sale and purchase of high value or complex residential properties.
David graduated from University College London as a biologist before converting to law. He qualified as a Solicitor in 2005 and was a Partner at Whyte & Co before joining Girlings in 2014.
David continued his postgraduate education with Holborn College and London Metropolitan University. Now more than ten years qualified David has a large portfolio of regular clients which include companies and individuals based in the UK and abroad.
David is a member of the Law Society of England and Wales, and Kent Law Society.
Read more about David's recent transactions