Amrita is based in our Canterbury office and can assist with property investment, landlord and tenant matters and the property aspects of corporate transactions, most recently she has run the property aspects of a £3.25m asset sale to a nationally recognised car dealership company. She has, additionally, undertaken asset management portfolio work for a variety of clients ranging from large national restaurant and hotel operators to individual investors and traders. Amrita has experience in acting for international restaurant brands, hotel chains and nightclub operators and recognised high street retail operators.
In terms of local work, she acted on the purchase of a seafront hotel for £2m and on a property portfolio sale for £3.2m, both in East Kent. Amrita counts the owners of the multi-award winning restaurant The Ambrette, the critically acclaimed GB Pizza Co and the boutique Sands Hotel amongst her clients.
The Legal 500 states that ‘Amrita Bartram “is professional, courteous and gives sound market advice” ’
Amrita is also a member of the Commercial Real Estate Legal Association (CRELA).
Amrita has particular expertise in:
- Complex commercial leases and agreements for leases, acting for both landlords and tenants
- Sales and purchases of commercial and mixed use buildings and development sites
- Acting for lenders and/or borrowers on the mortgaging of commercial properties or use of bridging finance
- Acting for landowners and developers on the acquisition of prospective development land whether by way of conditional contracts or option agreements drafting involved and detailed overage and clawback provisions
- Acting on multi-party transactions involving sub-sales, sub-purchases and sales & leasebacks
- Acting for property-investor landlords on their multi-let commercial buildings
Amrita can assist with property investment and landlord and tenant issues and the property aspects of corporate transactions.
Amrita trained at City Firm Fieldfisher where she qualified in to their Real Estate department in 2003. Three years later she moved to West End Firm, Finers Stephens Innocent (now merged with Howard Kennedy). Amrita returned to Kent where she grew up in 2012 working for a regional Firm before joining Girlings in 2017.
Read Amrita's article on the Do's and Dont's of paying a Rent Deposit under your Business Lease
Read Amrita's article on landlords, leases and trading new premises
Read Amrita’s article on setting up restaurant premises