A housing white paper setting out the government's plans to reform the housing market and boost the supply of new homes in England has just been released.
In short, the paper outlines plans to increase housing supply by:
- legislating to ensure every local authority has a local plan with the aim of freeing up more public sector space;
- speeding up builds and simplifying the completion notice procedure;
- making the planning system more open and accessible;
- making it easier for small and medium sized builders to compete with the major developers;
- making life easier for the custom builder who wants to build his own home;
The government confirm that green belt land will remain protected.
To see the full report visit White paper statement