FAQs About Domestic Violence

Discover answers to the most frequently asked questions surrounding Domestic Violence


Can you help me with domestic violence issues?

Yes – applications can be made to protect you from domestic violence. If you are a victim of domestic violence you should seek help as soon as possible.


What applications can be made to the courts for domestic violence?

f you are a victim of domestic violence, you can apply for a court order:

  1. Non-Molestation Order:  this kind of order prohibits a person from molesting you or a child. Molestation does not just include physical violence, but also harassment and threats.
  2. Occupation Order:  this type of order allows you to occupy a property and restricts the other person’s right to occupy the property.

In an emergency it might be possible to obtain an court order without first informing the other party – known as an “ex-parte” order. 


Can't see your question? 
Get in touch

Commitment Without Compromise