Girlings' Restructuring & Insolvency team has considerable experience in advising Insolvency Practitioners, companies in financial difficulties, directors, investors and funders on all aspects of corporate restructuring and insolvency.
We recognise and understand the pressures and challenges faced by businesses in financial difficulties and the importance of providing pragmatic and commercial advice, often within tight timeframes.
We have particular expertise providing specialist advice in the technical area of the sale and purchase of businesses and assets from administration. As well as formal insolvencies, we advise a broad range of clients on turnaround strategies and restructurings for businesses who are experiencing financial difficulties.
We tailor our advice to meet the needs of you, your business and its stakeholders. The team also includes solicitors from our employment, commercial property and dispute resolution teams to provide specialist support and advice so you can be confident you will always be dealing with an expert.
Beyond the corporate insolvency and restructuring team within the firm, we are well connected with a broad range of professional advisers in the industry who can support and assist with turnaround, funding and restructuring and we are always happy to discuss how we can help you without any initial charge or obligation to instruct us.
Our services include advising on:
- Company Voluntary Arrangements
- Restructurings (including section 110 restructurings)
- Directors’ duties
- Director disqualification proceedings
- Personal guarantees
- Wrongful and fraudulent trading actions
- Retention of title claims
- Preferences and undervalues
- Sale and purchase of businesses and assets from administration
- Validity and enforcement of security
- Recovery of assets and book debts
- Surrender, assignment and disclaiming leases
- TUPE transfers of employees
- Reuse of prohibited names under section 216 Insolvency Act
We Work With You
For further details on how we can help your business please contact a member of our Restructuring & Insolvency team.